The Foodservice sector stands out for its dynamism and constant reinvention capacity. There is a close link between the sector and socio-economic phenomena, technology and new trends in consumption. This forces hotel managers and high executives to closely follow these changes and quickly adapt their offer.
The trend towards a food free of processed ingredients keeps growing and concerns about waste management is beginning to emerge. Both are two of the consumption drivers that are growing the most.
Eating healthy is a great concern among Europeans and, increasingly, people want their food to taste good and be healthy at the same time. Freshly squeezed orange juice is definitely establishing itself as a drink that is increasingly on-demand. In a recent study by Kantar, 45% of the consumers interviewed indicated that “if a food is healthy, they enjoy it much more” and 38% “do not give up having occasions of consumption for pleasure at home, but each time looking for healthier alternatives “2.
Trends such as maintaining a holistic lifestyle are also gaining prominence, with more and more followers, which translates into an increase in the organic offer and 100% natural foods.
On the other hand, there are other drivers that are revolutionizing the restaurant offer, such as the boom in functional drinks, such as juices rich in nutrients, beneficial for health: detoxifying, energizing, protein…; or plant-based food, the rise of veganism or the localization of the offer, due to its perception as fresher and of higher quality, among others.
For the hospitality professional, it is a must to offer quality food and drink at any time of the day. Beverages such as juice, traditionally linked to breakfast, are reinvented and are part of new moments of consumption: brunch, mocktails, snacks to go…
In addition, there is a boom in restaurants that offer the “healthy snack” type of menus within the new “easy to eat and on the go” context. Fast food has also been reinvented and is now healthier and more sustainable. The preparation in front of the client and the will to communicate the quality or freshness of the raw material convinces and captivates the consumer.
Within the Foodservice industry, the commitment to freshly squeezed juice is reflected in the drop in consumption of sugary soft drinks, and according to the 2018 Food & Health Survey’ by the International Food Information Council Foundation, 50% of Americans are reducing the consumption of sugary soft drinks to reduce the intake of added sugars 4.
(1)Health products: Deloitte, Food Value Equation Survey.
(2) Kantar. Consumers are torn between self-care and indulgence.
(3) International Food Information Council Foundation.
(4) Fona International. Millenials and Juice Beverages.
(5) Fona International. Millenials and Juice Beverages
Discover the Zumex juice machines for the hotel industry and offer freshly squeezed juice in restaurants, cafeterias or bakeries.
Why trust Zumex?
- Offer: we expand your offer of natural drinks to attract new customers to your business. If you want to offer healthier drinks, our juicers and cold-press extractors will help you connect with consumers who are looking for the most natural flavor.
- Needs: we adapt our products to the needs of your establishment and juice demands. It doesn’t matter if you are a small cafeteria, a juice bar or a traditional restaurant, there is always a place for healthy things and with Zumex it is much easier to create it. Contact us and receive the best advice.
- Configurations: We have a multitude of configurations to design the perfect machine for you. We advise you on everything to create the perfect juice corner for your business.